Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Good Morning Gratefuls

A little deviation from the usual...a poem inspired by the events of the day

I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart;
    I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.
Psalm 9:1

I am grateful for…

summer mornings

my father who still drives at 83

he picked me up at 8ish
and drove me to the auto repair shop

the repair only cost $86

a detour on the way home

the lovely road that wound through lush fields
leading me to the quiet shore

the river’s tongue lapping the sand

a fishermen’s wharf beckoning my feet

lavender wildflowers lining a field of beans

a doe missing my car when she leapt from the corn

a pause at the post office with a wide front porch,
an inviting rocker,
and hours that don’t start till noon

the rhythm of the road’s twists and turns
and ups and downs that lulled my spirit

all these reminders

that when I came to the crossing of Hurry Road
I drove on through

because I wasn’t.

Dear Father, thank You for Your bountiful blessings and for reminding me to slow down enough to notice. May I be forever grateful. Amen.


What will you do when you come to the crossing?

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your poems and actually everything you write! They are beautiful and enlightening. God gave you such a special and wonderful gift. So glad you are able to share it.. hugs to my dear friend !! Stacey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacey! Your comments mean a lot to me. You are so sweet!

      Delete

Please comment. Your feedback is appreciated!