Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Don't Be Fooled

No one can please God without faith. Whoever goes to God must believe that God exists and that He rewards those who seek Him.
—Hebrews 11:6

Brrrrriiiiinnnnngggg!

I closed the door and surveyed the classroom. Where were my students? Only a handful had taken their seats. Could 25 students be absent today? What is going on?

“Where is everybody?” I said out loud.

Those in their seats shook their heads.

Then I heard it. A creak. A chuckle. A giggle. The shuffling of feet at the door. 

“April Fools!” they shouted and laughed as they entered and made their way to their seats.

I laughed too when I realized it was a joke and dismissed the idea of disciplining them for being late. They definitely fooled me.

To be fooled is to be tricked or misled. The Bible says, “The fool has said in his heart, ‘There is no God’” (Psalm 14:1).

If you do not believe that God exists, you have been misled.

So how can you prove that God exists? Well, we could debate that question all day and night and still not prove or disprove that He exists. The Bible says that we accept by faith the fact that God exists—and that He rewards those who seek Him.

How does God reward those who seek Him? The most valuable reward is our eternal reward in heaven. When we believe that Christ died for our sins and accept Him as Savior, we open the door to an eternal home in heaven.

Jesus said, “I am the door; by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and go out, and shall find pasture” (John 10:9).

Open the door to your eternal reward today. Don’t put it off. “Indeed, the ‘right time’ is now. Today is the day of salvation” (2 Corinthians 6:2 NLT).

"Strive to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able. When once the master of the house has risen and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and to knock at the door, saying, 'Lord, open to us,' then he will answer you, 'I do not know where you come from'" (Luke 13:24-25).

Come. Enter in. Fill the seats before it’s too late--for that will be no laughing matter. Pray this prayer with me:

Dear Jesus, I confess I am a sinner. Please forgive me. Thank You for paying the penalty for my sin by Your death on the cross. I open the door today and accept You as my Savior and look forward to my eternal reward in heaven. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment. Your feedback is appreciated!