Saturday, February 8, 2020

Valentines for the Soul: Call Me

My dove in the clefts of the rock,
    in the hiding places on the mountainside,
show me your face,
    let me hear your voice;
for your voice is sweet,
    and your face is lovely.

Have you ever been so in love that your breath catches in your throat when your sweetheart calls? Seeing their name light up your cell phone screen sets off butterflies in your stomach, and the bonus of seeing their face through video chat sends you over the moon.

The sound of your beloved’s voice is the sweetest sound to your ears. You have no need for Caller ID, for you instantly recognize it. You have memorized every nuance of their voice, its lilt lifts you off your feet.

This is how God feels about you. He knows your voice; He is in love with the sound of it and longs for you to call.

“Call to me,” He says, “and I will answer you” (Jeremiah 33:3).

He is listening for your voice; His ear is turned toward you (Psalm 116:1-2). He beckons you to pour out your heart and your praise unto Him (Psalm 62:8, Psalm 150:6).

As you yearn for a call from your love, God yearns for one from you. Won’t you call Him today?

Hi God. It’s me. Of course, You already know that, right? Just wanted to say thanks for always being there for me, ready with a listening ear and an ample response to all my needs. I love You, Lord. May I use my voice to lift You higher, so others will also turn their hearts to You.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment. Your feedback is appreciated!