Sunday, February 9, 2020

Valentines for the Soul: I AM Here

I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go.

“I am in your corner” is a saying that means “I’m here and I support you.” Some might say it means “I’ve got your back.”

“I am in your corner” originated in the sport of boxing, where a fighter’s trainer and assistant are in his corner, there to provide advice between rounds. A trainer can also call off a fight that has potentially life-threatening consequences. 

God is in your corner. The Bible assures that He is with you and will watch over you. He hems you in (Psalm 139:5). He has your back. He is your bodyguard (Psalm 34:20 MSG).

Tough times are a part of life. God allows trials to teach perseverance, which builds character and faith (Romans 5:3-4). As you battle life’s challenges, God is there to give advice through His Word and the wisdom of the Holy Spirit. He is cheering you on, “Be strong! Be courageous!” (Joshua 1:9).

“God keeps an eye on his friends, his ears pick up every moan and groan” (Psalm 34:15 MSG).

He is watching over you and sees when you are overwhelmed and need a break. “If you’re kicked in the gut, he’ll help you catch your breath” (Psalm 34:18b MSG).

He also knows when the fight has gone on too long and will step in to intervene. “When I was desperate, I called out, and God got me out of a tight spot” (Psalm 34:6 MSG).

Rest assured God’s got your back. Trust Him in all the tough times and tight spots of your life.

Dear God, thank You for training me through the tough times and for being there through it all. How comforting it is, knowing You’re in my corner.

Additional Love Notes: Matthew 28:20, Romans 8:31


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment. Your feedback is appreciated!