Thursday, February 13, 2020

Valentines for the Soul: They're playing our song


And you gave me a new song, a song of praise to you. Many will see this, and they will honor and trust you, the Lord God.

Have you ever been in love and couldn’t help but sing? You sing along to every love song you hear. You make up your own silly little songs. You sing with and to your sweetheart. You and your love even have your own song, one that commemorates a special moment in your relationship. Perhaps the song was playing on the radio on your first date or when you shared a meal at a restaurant. Maybe it marked your first kiss. Now when you hear it, all you have to do is look at your love and your eyes convey the message, “They’re playing our song.”

Falling in love and singing go hand in hand. Actually, there is a scientific reason for it. When you first fall in love, you experience a rush of “feel good” hormones to the brain, which can make you do crazy things like sing all the time.

When you fall in love with God, you might also experience a “feel good” rush. But it’s more than a chemical reaction—it’s a spiritual one. When you accept Jesus as Savior, your spirit comes alive. You are filled with joy and can’t help but sing. Your heart bubbles over with praise, and others recognize the transformation in your life.

The Bible describes God as your song, the subject of praise: “The Lord is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him” (Exodus 15:2 KJV).

When you fall in love with God, you have the Song in your heart. And perhaps, like lovers do, you have a particular song that is meaningful to you, a hymn of praise that commemorates the moment you committed to a relationship with Him or one that assures you of His peace and presence evermore. Whenever you hear it, you look toward Him and lock eyes, “They’re playing our song.”

Have you fallen in love with God? Why not open your heart to Him today?

Lord,

Come into my heart today. Be my Savior, my strength and my song.
Fill my mouth with Your praise, declaring Your splendor all the day long (Psalm 71:8).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment. Your feedback is appreciated!