Thursday, February 6, 2020

Valentines for the Soul: You Are Beautiful


You are altogether beautiful, my darling;
there is no flaw in you.

Do you stand in front of the mirror and scrutinize your appearance? Do you pick out flaws, your crooked smile, the one earlobe larger than the other, the way your nose wrinkles when you talk? 

What if these are not flaws at all? What if what you view as imperfect is seen as perfect and adorable to someone else?

The Bible says, “You are altogether beautiful, my darling; there is no flaw in you” (Song of Songs 4:7).

You were created by divine design. Handcrafted by God, you are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14), inside and out. You are a masterpiece, created in Christ Jesus to do good works (Ephesians 2:10).

God is the Master Artist. He molded and shaped you exactly the way He wanted (Jeremiah 18). He took great care with the details. There are no flaws in you. What you see are His marks. You are autographed with His fingerprints.

Handcrafted products are always more expensive than those mass produced, because they offer higher quality and more attention to details. Imagine how valuable you are. Darling, you are exquisite!

Dear God, thank You for making me the way I am. Help me to be the masterpiece You created me to be. And the next time I look in the mirror may I see a reflection of You. Amen.



4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing "beautiful" heart-felt words. They have lifted my spirit to the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate you reading my words. You are an encouragement!

      Delete
  2. Lovely and positive thoughts! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment. Your feedback is appreciated!