Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Valentines for the Soul: I See You


Lord, you have seen what is in my heart.
You know all about me.

If you have ever seen the movie Avatar, you are familiar with the greeting used on Pandora: “I see you.” These simple words mean I see your love, your feelings, your true essence, and you mean everything to me.

“I see you” is also a tribal greeting in South Africa. Being greeted this way brings you into existence. You are acknowledged and you matter.

In the book of Genesis, we read the story of Hagar, the slave of Sarai (Sarah). When mistreated by her mistress, Hagar fled to the desert. There the angel of the Lord met her and revealed to her God’s promised blessing. In return, Hagar gave this name to the Lord, “You are the God who sees me” (Genesis 16:13).

God sees you. He sees when you’re happy, when you’re sad, when you’re anxious or have been mistreated. He recognizes what is bothering you when no one else does. Just like He sent an angel to acknowledge and bless Hagar, He is working out all the details in your life too, because you matter. God sees your heart, your true essence, and you mean everything to Him.

Thank You, God, for seeing me. Help me to see You and recognize the infinite depth of Your love for me. May I trust You, as You work in my life the way You see fit. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment. Your feedback is appreciated!