Monday, December 9, 2019

A Microwaved Solution: Do you have a need?


And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

I chatted with my friend, Mary Ann, in the church parking lot after service. With Thanksgiving only a few days away, Mary Ann asked about my plans. I explained that my family was getting together at my home. I also told her that to alleviate some of the stress of cooking I had ordered a meal from Bob Evans.

“All I’ll have to do is heat it up! But guess what,” I continued, “Right after I placed my order, I went to heat some water for tea in my microwave, and the door broke! The microwave still works, but I can’t get it open. Now I don’t know what to do. I can’t afford to buy a new one. I guess I could use my stove top and the oven, but…”

“Wait, the church is getting rid of one! We had it in the nursery but don’t need it anymore. I just heard Pastor offer it to someone this morning. They didn’t need it, but you do! Come on!” Mary Ann started toward the church.

In record time, she had the microwave loaded into my car.

“I guess God thought it was time for me to replace my 33 year-old microwave, a gift for my first Mother’s Day!” I chuckled. “And what timing! Here the church is getting rid of one at the exact same time I need one! And for us to have this conversation…”

“It was perfect!” Mary Ann concluded.

Yes, it was. No coincidence, but certainly a God-incidence. He had a plan to supply my need in microwave time.

Dear God,
You know what I need and begin working on a solution before I even ask (Matthew 6:8). Thank You for supplying all my needs according to Your riches in glory! Amen.

A "Merry Christmas" gift for me!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't have time to read your blog over the holidays. I'm sure I'll be blessed by reading them now. Everyday is a blessing with Jesus as our Saviour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! You are sweet, and you are right! Every day is a blessing with Jesus!

      Delete

Please comment. Your feedback is appreciated!