Wednesday, December 18, 2019

I Am Peculiar: How are you using your unique qualities?


But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light

Today was Holiday Character Day at school. I dressed up as Rudolph and donned a glowing red nose. I was a peculiar sight indeed and people took notice of me.


I remember the story of Rudolph and how he was born with an undesirable red nose. His father tried to cover it with a fake one because he didn’t want it to limit Rudolph’s future opportunities.

Sometimes we may try to hide our own unique qualities. But God created us with gifts and talents for a reason. We are born to stand out, even more so as Christians.

If you know the story of Rudolph, you know that the red nose he tried to hide was the very thing that Santa needed on Christmas Eve. It was Rudolph’s red nose that led them through the foggy night.

Our unique qualities may seem peculiar to other people, our faith too. But that might be just what God uses to get their attention, for those who are lost need a light to lead them through the fog and onto Jesus.

Dear God, thank You for making me the way You did. I know You have a purpose for my talents and peculiar traits. May I never hide them, but be ever faithful in offering them for your service. You called me out of darkness; now may I shine my light to lead others out as well. Amen.


2 comments:

Please comment. Your feedback is appreciated!